Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Anthro Free Shipping Until July 15th

No markdowns today except for the loverly free shipping offer (for US addresses only) until July 15th. I'm excited about this offer because I loath, loath shipping fees. Especially since I've been very spoiled with Lululemon free shipping and overnight delivery. Now that I'm signed up with Hagens of Blaine postal services I can fully take advantage of the free shipping offer from Anthro and since I'm on a bit of a closet overhaul and busily selling off some of my 'slouchy, casual mommy outifts' on ebay I'm enjoying upgrading to more feminine and put together anthro pieces. I'm still really trying to find my style though and see what works for my figure and lifestyle. I'm a stay at home mom so casual and comfortable is still the key..I'm just looking for a more sophisticated interpretation of that. Gosh I hope Anthro Vancouver brings in stylists and personal shoppers (is that a free service in other locations?). I could sure use some help and direction. 

Things that caught my eye today:

Ocean's Horizon Tank $228
I love the look of this top and the blue tie dyed 'ocean' print paired with the feminine detailed straps. If this had been priced like the Heartsease Habotai Blouse I probably would have purchased it today but the price tag of $228 really turned me off. This will have to be significantly marked down for me to consider it and more along the lines of the $60-$80ish range.  If I was going to spend $228 on one single article of clothing I'd probably jump on the Backswept Dress instead for more bang for my buck. I don't mean to poo-poo the pricing on this tank but it's just not what I expect to pay for a small and simpler piece with less seam construction then a full dress. 

Slung Silk Scarf Tank
This was the blouse I tried on the other day that had not yet been uploaded to the website. I really like this top and the sweat yellow floral print with clashing ribbon details on the neckline. I love it but the cut does not work for my figure unless it's belted or tucked in. Wishlisted for markdown. 

Grapevine Tank Waveryly Grey $78
This is a beautiful tank. I love the lace detailing over the royal blue flower print. Wishlisted for markdown. 
I purchased this one today. I really love the feminine floral print combined with the more masculine slouchy boyfriend cardigan fit. I have very few cardigans and would really like to wear more come fall and the price of $29.95 was irresistible. I'm getting the hang of this markdown shopping I think. I <3 you Anthro for doing such amazing markdowns. 
This was another purchase today that I added to bring my total up to free shipping status. I've been meaning to get a pretty oversized belt for a long time now since I don't have one at all and really like the belted look. This fills a hole in my closet and I hope it gets a lot of use. For $29.95 it's hard to go wrong though.

This one was a full price purchase that I may not keep. I've been drawn to it for quite some time and have seen a few images of it and the print is just so beautiful. I love a good watercolor floral print on silk. I ordered it in a 10 since it's silk and not stretchy but I suspect I could have and probably should have gone with the 8. My dress and skirt size is most often size 10 but that's to accommodate my hips. Ah well...free shipping makes this worth a try on in the comfort of my home. 

The other day when I tried this dress on in the print I thought to myself how much I would have loved it in the Navy colorway and then I figured it was long gone. I've been having a love affair lately with Navy  so I probably would have gotten this one full price. Today I noticed it online marked down but sadly my size was sold out. It was just not meant to be I guess. 

These beauties arrived this morning and I am totally in love with them. I was a bit confused about what size to order since all of the reviews say size down. My shoe size is most often size 9 but used to be 8.5 and the occasional 9 until I went thru two pregnancies and my feet seem to have spread. My other issue is that my right foot is a half size smaller then my left foot. I ordered the size 9's and then immediately panicked and called customer service and had them change it to an 8.5 which ended up being the right choice. The toe area was slightly snug this morning but the leather is so supple that it will stretch to the correct size in no time at all. My right foot moves slightly up and down in the heel area thanks to my half size difference, but once my foot warms up and the leather warms up my skin seems to grip the leather better and the sliding stops.  The 8.5 was totally the right size for me and these are extremely comfortable wedges. I think you are better off going with your lower size because even if it's snug to start you can have them stretched up half a size but if they are too big they will be unwearable. I also love that the bottom of the shoe is rubber and so there is no slipping and sliding on certain surfaces. Well worth full price and will go beautifully with all of the Navy items in my closet. 

4 comments:

  1. Guess who now has that cardigan otw now too...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha too funny!!! Have you seen it in person before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! I didn't even see it in the big Anthro I went to on Sat! I would have totally grabbed it! Too cute and great price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most all my comfy mommy outfits are from Anthro, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding your new mom-style with them. They have great lounge wear that does not look frumpy or dowdy. My mommy uniform consists of cute jersey tops and crops for warmer weather, and leggings and tunics for the cold. The problem with it is that Anthro puts a lot of these items on sale and now I can't stop buying new comfy clothes...it's addictive!! Great wedges, by the way! Gotta love Miss Albright! ;)

    ReplyDelete